360-450-6288 We run a professional wildlife removal business operating in Hazel Dell, Washington. We service the whole Vancouver metropolitan area, and do much of our work in Hazel Dell. We are a full-service
Hazel Dell animal trapping and removal company. We specialize in wildlife only, and are not like a regular Hazel Dell pest control company or Hazel Dell exterminator. We use humane methods to
solve wild animal problems in Washington. We solve the root of the problem, by performing home repairs to keep animals out, and preventative measures in addition to critter trapping
and removal. We offer a variety of services, from animal damage repair to waste cleanup, dead animal removal and odor control, and more. We handle several nuisance wildlife
species, including squirrels, raccoons, snakes, skunks, and opossums. We also perform bat removal and bird control services, and rodent control, including poison-free mouse and
rat removal. Give us a call any time at 360-450-6288 to discuss your Hazel Dell animal control issue, and to schedule a fast appointment.
Hazel Dell wildlife control tip of the month: Squirrels Chew through Ceilings
A squirrel WILL chew through your ceiling because it's part of their Hazel Dell animal control surviving mechanism. Squirrels' teeth, just like those of other rodents, grow constantly. To control their teeth from growing too long, squirrels bite and chew on anything that's hard – including ceilings made of any material.
As most ceilings are made of wood, those chewed on by squirrels would cause the material to rot and would not be able to hold up your house.
If you don't take action on this, a damaged Hazel Dell pest control ceiling will certainly cause you a lot of harm and hassle, especially during the rainy season. Aside from water leaking into your house, molds would form on the rotten wood. These are not easy to remove, especially if they're left unattended for a long age of time.
To help ease things and give you peace of mind, here are some tips:
1) Restore the spoiled ceiling. Have a Hazel Dell wildlife removal professional remove this, as they are well-equipped with the skills to properly carry out the task. There's also no stopping you from doing it yourself if you have the know-how.
2) Protect the wood. When you've replaced the ceiling, coat them with materials that will prevent squirrels from coming over for another munch. Use a combination of black tan plus a smelling fluid so the furry ones are driven away.
3) Fend them off. Exclusion is an effective way to prevent squirrels from getting close up from your home and eventually chewing your ceilings. Erect fences that are not easy for squirrels to acquire through. Make sure they're high enough, considering that squirrels are nimble. They should also be dug deep into the land since squirrels are also known to be diggers.
Should you find Hazel Dell animal trapping squirrels right inside your home, especially on top of your ceiling or in the attic, do take these steps:
1) Identify the holes where the squirrels may have passed through while entering your home. If there are multiple holes, there probably is one main hole. Seal off all the holes, except the main one.
2) Set up multiple Hazel Dell exterminator squirrel traps near the main hole. Bolt them to the roof or wherever the furry ones are getting in. You may also want to set up a repeater trap or a one-way exclusion door by the main hole. This way, you get all the squirrels in one go.
3) Once all the squirrels are trapped, seal the main hole.
4) Check your ceiling or attic areas if there are baby squirrels, especially if it's March or September (baby squirrels are usually born during these months). Look for the nest and remove the young ones by hand or wait until they're at least 5 weeks old before doing so.
5) If necessary, clear the affected areas of any squirrel urine or feces.
To learn more about our Hazel Dell pest animal removal services, visit the Vancouver animal trapping and removal home page or give us a call at 360-450-6288.